20 Songs to Get High to on 4/20

If finals are stressing you out, roll up and relax with these tunes. All your worries will fade, and the only hard decision you’ll have to make is deciding if you want hot Cheetos or cookies at the end of the night.

1. “Intro” by The XX

All packed up and ready to go.

2. “Bake Sale” by Wiz Khalifa ft. Travis Scott

Go ahead. Wake and bake with Mr. Marijuana himself. Nothing exemplifies 4/20 as well as he does. Bake some brownies and have your own bake sale.

3. “High By The Beach” by Lana Del Rey

The title of this song says it all, but Lana Del Rey’s voice truly is the perfect thing to listen to while floating through the clouds.

3. “Money Trees” by Kendrick Lamar ft. Jay Rock

K.dot delivers a pretty dope (pun intended) beat with this track, per usual. King Kendrick always knows what you want, even when your munchies leave you undecided.

4. “Gooey” by Glass Animals

Are you of the hipster kind? Don’t worry because we’ll let you have your turn too.

6. “Redemption Song” by Bob Marley & The Wailers

Is this even a 4/20 playlist without Marley? No, it isn’t. So I’m just going to leave this here while you roll up a joint to pay respect to the master of reggae as he blesses us with his soulful voice.

7. “Pursuit of Happiness” by Kid Cudi ft. MGMT

Feel like it’s 2 a.m. on a summer night with classic Cudi. Even if everything that shines ain’t always gonna be gold, you’ll be fine once you take a hit.

8. “White Iverson” by Post Malone

Fill the room with this smooth beat as you fill the room with even more clouds.

9. “Forrest Gump” by Frank Ocean

Life is like a box of chocolates. By now you should’ve eaten a whole box of them and possibly a pizza. And cheetos. And everything else in your pantry.

10. “Room in Here” by Anderson .Paak ft. The Game & Sonyae Elise

There’s always room for ordering another pie of pizza.

11. The Entire The Incredible True Story album by Logic

The Incredible True Story will have you on a rocket ship in space helping Logic searching for a planet called Paradise. Once you’re on your third joint, you’ll actually be in Paradise.

12. “Goooo” by TNGHT

For all you EDM folks, I have a feeling this song will be right up your alley.

13. “Fade” by Kanye West ft. Post Malone & Ty Dollar Sign

If you haven’t had a chance to listen to the Yeezus’s newest album, Life of Pablo, go ahead and start with this one. You’re welcome. Now get back to rolling.

14. “Super Rich Kids” by Frank Ocean ft. Earl Sweatshirt

You don’t have to be super rich kid to have a bowl of green with no Lucky Charms today.

15. “Collard Greens” by SchoolBoy Q ft. Kendrick Lamar

Sample a different kind of collard greens as you listen to SchoolBoy Q’s ode to Mary Jane.

16. “You & Me” (Flume Remix) by Disclosure ft. Eliza Doolittle

The build up to the bass drop on this track will bring you back to life after you left for a few minutes and ventured to outer space with Logic.

17. “Rose Quartz” by Toro y Moi

With this one, you won’t need a big drop for you to be that friend dancing in the corner of the room alone.

18. “Forbidden Fruit” by J. Cole ft. Kendrick Lamar

More like forbidden tree.

19. “Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High?” by Artic Monkeys

Don’t be that ex who only calls when you’re high. Be nice. Invite them over to join the rotation.

20. “Sober” by Childish Gambino

Aaaand welcome back to reality.

Jayna is a junior at The University of Florida studying journalism while earning a minor in innovation. She is undoubtedly a Swiftie and is always looking at cat photos on the internet. Her spare time is spent on Netflix or napping.