15 Songs to Help Keep Off The Freshman 15

Whether you’re a freshman or a grad student, the gym can be just as vital as the library to your academic career. Whether you’re using it to keep a svelte frame and score an MRS degree, or to lower your stress levels, working out just works. The only thing more important to a work out than a strong routine is a strong playlist. Lucky for you, I’ve got that part nailed down.

Diva Off

IMHO (In My Homosexual Opinion) every playlist should start off with a belting diva. You’ve got five. From radio pop Sia to the virtually unknown Hesta Prynn, this section will get you going bright and early or late at night. 

1) Titanium – David Guetta (feat. Sia)

2) Fighter – Christina Aguilera

3) Off To The Races – Lana Del Rey

4) Turn It Gold – Hesta Prynn (Idoz Remix)

5) Just Dance – Lady Gaga

Pump It Up

This is the part of the playlist where you dig deepest and burn off that sundae you probably shouldn’t have had at the dining hall. These heavy, fast hitting beats could’ve easily been taken from a sex playlist… but hey, that can be a work out too, right?

6) Kyotot A$$ – (Skrillex vs. Big Sean feat. Nicki Minaj Sirah) Kris Barman

7) Dance Yrself Clean – LCD Soundsystem

8) Comeback Kid – Sleigh Bells

9) Baptism – Crystal Castles

10) Pluto – Bjork

Cool Off

Like a workout, a playlist needs a cool down too. These song are jazzy and chill, but with enough energy to keep you going until the end. Breathe deep and hydrate. If this playlist seems a bit long for you, these songs are great for blasting in the shower during your post-workout cleanse. Just don’t take your music device into the shower–we won’t be held responsible for any pesky water damage!

11) Moneygrabber – Fitz and The Tantrums

12) Night by Night – Chromeo

13) Don’t Cry Out – Shiny Toy Guns

14) Only Time – Enya

15) 12:59 Lullaby – Bedouin Soundclash

Sophomore > Journalism > Boston University