10 UF Nightlife Spots You Don’t Know About

Aren’t you tired of drunkenly stumbling into the same places every night? Don’t get me wrong, Midtown has always been there for us: a loyal, steady and reliable main squeeze, but shouldn’t we date around? Spice up your life with a fun and exciting new mistress, and explore places you’ve yet to enjoy in Gainesville. Before you decide to settle down, it’s always beneficial to check out your options. After all, variety is the spice of life.

1. No Name Bar

If you’re looking for a pretentious bar to drink at with an even more pretentious name, you’ve come to the right place. Before the local hipsters lose their cool, I’ll admit that the No Name Bar gives you a run for your money with its groovy lounge themed bar, crafted with a unique and lavish choice of drinks. No Name Bar is the only place where you can get drinks named “Chicago Typewriter” and “Aunt Sharon.” Just imagine the Instagrams you could post of your drinks. “They have my favorite cocktails there! Great place to go out to on Saturday nights,” said senior Kyle Boulia. Filled to the brim with sweet intoxication, surrounded by strange hand painted murals and accompanied by live music, No Name Bar is definitely a very overlooked gem.

Lauren Hoffman: writer, jaded romantic, and always making a serious effort to be a flamingo among a flock of pigeons. In my spare time, I am an English Major with a Business minor at the University of Florida.