Curriculum Design Internship

Company
PEN/Faulkner Foundation
Description of the internship
The PEN/ Faulkner Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to building audiences for literature, is currently seeking interns to design curriculum for our Writers in Schools Program. This long-standing program brings local and visiting writers and copies of their novels in the DC Public High School classrooms for discussion. The internship will involve extensive (and fun!) reading, historical research and creative curriculum design. The internship is unpaid, but the Foundation will cooperate with credit-seeking students.

Interns will:
* Read contemporary literature by local and visiting authors associated with the Writers in Schools Program
* Research background information that provides a historical and cultural dimension to the discussion of selected novels

Interested students should have:
* Excellent research and writing skills, ready access to databases is preferred
* Experience tutoring, teaching, or writing curriculum
* A passion for contemporary literature and a vivid imagination

The program begins in January and runs throughout the Spring 2012 semester. We expect a commitment of 6-12 hours per week, though the intern will have the flexibility to design his or her own schedule.

If you are interested in either position, please send a resume and a brief cover letter (no more than 1 page) explaining your interest and specifying the position you are interested in to Ariel Martino, Educational Associate, PEN/Faulkner Foundation (amartino@penfaulkner.org) by Monday, December 12th.

For more information about PEN/Faulkner, visit www.penfaulkner.org
This internship is NOT paid
This internship COUNTS for credits
Posted On
Monday, November 21 2011 - 4:06pm
Category
Education
Location
MD
View All Internships

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Top 16 College Radio Stations

We all love to peruse the Usher discography on Spotify, but sometimes you...

2.

Hopped Up on Adderall: The Risks and Rewards

The first time I dosed on Adderall I was a careless freshman....

3.

12 Halloween Costumes to Suggest For Your Frenemy

Did someone really think a sexy Nemo costume was a good idea? Luckily, College...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...