Telecommunications Internship

Company
WirelessTelecommunicationsBureau
Description of the internship
WTB is a dynamic and innovative bureau concentrating on a portfolio of contemporary issues addressing the nation’s telecommunication needs. The Wireless Bureau is responsible for facilitating the rapid and widespread deployment of wireless broadband services, ensuring an effective and interoperable communications environment supporting homeland security and public safety first responders, fostering a forward-looking and cohesive focus concerning spectrum policy and competition, and promoting efficient and transparent access to spectrum including the transition to innovative uses.

DUTIES
Wide variety of legal issues and tasks related to the telecommunications industry and services which may include but are not limited to the following duties: prepare legal documents, conduct research on rulemakings and proceedings, and assimilate comments on rulemakings.

CRITERIA
Most candidates are law students, but WTB may consider other disciplines (e.g., business, economics, engineers, information technology, communications and public affairs) related to our mission.

HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resumé, cover letter and a brief writing sample to nicole.ongele@fcc.gov
This internship is NOT paid
This internship COUNTS for credits
Posted On
Thursday, November 10 2011 - 2:51am
Category
Law/politics/judiciary
Location
DC
Additional Details
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but please adhere to the following deadlines:
Spring: November 30
Summer: March 31
View All Internships

Should You Remain Friends With Your Ex?

1.

Turn Your Walk of Shame Into A Stride of Pride

Whether your night out at a bar, dance club, or party led you back to someone’s...

2.

10 Celebrities Who Were Interns Too

Coffee runs, answering phone calls and doing anything possible to get...

3.

10 Lies Our Parents Told Us About Getting a Job

When I was a kid, I saw the world as a boundless place of possibility. But now...

Songza (NY)

Songza is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to do music research ...