Hacky Sack: Don't Call it a Comeback

by Ashley Melfi on April 22, 2012
Junior > Journalism > Hofstra University

To hacky or not to hacky -- not really one of Shakespeare’s ponderings but still a legitimate question nonetheless, at least around college campuses. Invented in 1972, hacky sack’s popularity...

Keep Reading...

10 Reasons You Should Be Playing Humans Vs. Zombies

by Samantha Goldberg on April 21, 2012
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland

Socks and armbands accompanied with fear and paranoia. These are just some of the elements accompanying Humans vs. Zombies (HvZ), a game similar to tag only accelerated —a lot. For two weeks each...

Keep Reading...

NFL Draft: Is Ryan Tannehill the Next Ryan Leaf?

by Jordan Heck on April 21, 2012
Sophomore > Sports Journalism > IUPUI

The NFL Draft is all about potential. General managers, scouts and coaches spend countless hours reviewing film and interviewing future players for the Draft, but it doesn’t stop them from selecting...

Keep Reading...

Stars and Satellites: CM Interviews TBT's David Simonett

by Missa Sangimino on April 20, 2012
Freshman > English > Boston College

Let’s face it—Minnesota is not the ideal starting place for wannabe rock stars. The Midwest has never served as particularly primo ground for aspiring musicians, but David Simonett, lead...

Keep Reading...

College Pickup Ball: The Starting 5

by Joe Cipollone on April 20, 2012
Senior > Criminal Justice > University of Maryland

We all enjoy a trip to the rec center for some pickup hoops, but it's a different experience for everyone ... especially these guys. The I Care Way Too Much Guy This is an individual who...

Keep Reading...

CM's Top 10 Anti-Marijuana Friendly Schools

by Alexi Knock on April 20, 2012
Junior > Journalism and Political Science > Hofstra University

If we learned anything from those D.A.R.E programs in elementary school, it’s that when it comes to drugs, we should just say no. Upon entering college however, the game changes. Alcohol and drugs...

Keep Reading...

Kate Upton, Please Fix Baseball

by Danny Golden on April 19, 2012

I played baseball from the ages of four to 18, but I will be the first one to tell you that it is a boring sport. Did I enjoy it? Sure. But I am not under the impression that baseball is riveting to...

Keep Reading...

Yes, Slavery Still Exists And Louie Giglio Is Fighting To End It

by Ashley Grohoski on April 19, 2012
Senior > Journalism > Marshall University

Walk around on almost any college campus and you’re likely to encounter several student organizations promoting their effort to raise awareness and make a change in our society. Whether they lure...

Keep Reading...

What Timeline Says About You

by Josh Axelrod on April 19, 2012

If you don’t have Facebook Timeline yet, you’re missing out. Yes, just like with every Facebook layout change, there was that initial moment of shock and “ugh, I’ll never get...

Keep Reading...

Copenhagen 2012: Wait, I Actually Have To Study?

by Claire Wiseman on April 19, 2012
Junior > Journalism and American Studies > Indiana University

Who put the study in study abroad?   For those of us studying outside the U.S., it’s a sore spot. Whether you’re in Barcelona or London, you’ve probably come up against...

Keep Reading...

Embarrassing Stories: Blind Date Nightmares

by Maryline Dossou on April 18, 2012
Senior > Magazine Journalism > Temple University

Yes, we’re at this stage in our lives. Reality is setting in as we see our friends get engaged, get hitched and even have kids. In the pursuit of the person we’ll spend the rest of our lives...

Keep Reading...

Breaking News: Franklin & Marshall Lacrosse Team and Coach In Hot Water After Hazing Incident

by Maria Minsker on April 18, 2012
Junior > English & Communication > Cornell

Hazing is sadly nothing new on college campuses, but though it is sometimes associated with Greek life and the process of joining fraternities or sororities, it happens on sports teams as well.  On...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

The 10 Most Hipster Campuses 2014

Hipsters appreciate more than rocking flannel and chugging Pabst Blue Ribbon....

2.

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human...

3.

12 Types of Couples You Meet in College

Out in the wild world of college, so many singles wander around that it’s...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...