Baseball & Brains: Why Top Universities Sport Elite Teams

by Danny Golden on May 17, 2012
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland

Although college baseball lacks the fan following that football and basketball share, it is still widely considered one of the NCAA’s more popular sporting draws. Traditionally, schools in...

Keep Reading...

Wrong Feels Right

by Emily Farra on May 16, 2012
Junior > Journalism and Art History > Indiana University

Lucite jewelry. Matchy ensembles. Fluorescent accessories. Animal prints. The latest fashion trends have certainly taken us all by surprise, so much so that the idea of unexpected, bewildering...

Keep Reading...

Casting Call: How your liberal arts degree can land you in the entertainment biz

by Alexis Blair on May 16, 2012
Senior > English & Economics > University of the South

In the movies, it is fairly typical for the main character to run away to Hollywood and, after some bad motels and bad gigs, land her dream job. The film typically ends with a star performance as the...

Keep Reading...

Student's Sallie Mae loan finally forgiven two years after her death

by Maria Minsker on May 16, 2012
Junior > English & Communication > Cornell

A child's death is an immeasurable tragedy for any parent, and having to worry about paying off that child's outstanding student loans adds an incredibly amount of pressure on people that are...

Keep Reading...

Sure Steps to Getting an Internship

by Ryan Ban on May 16, 2012
Junior > Journalism, Cello Performance & Psychology > New York University

For the hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands (?), hundreds of thousands (?!), perhaps even billions (okay, no) of people in this world that are 'J'-school students, you probably have been...

Keep Reading...

Fighting in Hockey: Should it be Banished?

by Dan Servodidio on May 16, 2012
Freshman > Journalism > University of Maryland

The National Hockey League punishes fighting with a five-minute major penalty. Besides that, the act of players beating the crap out of each other is completely legal, and I wouldn’t have it any...

Keep Reading...

10 Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life

by Carolina Del Busto on May 16, 2012
Junior > Communication and English > Boston College

It’s important to keep relationships feeling new and exciting; this can be hard after you’ve been dating your significant other for a while. But that’s okay, because I’ve...

Keep Reading...

Roller Skating Rock Star Kimberly Cole has 1.5 million Twitter followers-Are you one of them?

by Maria Minsker on May 15, 2012

Orange County, California native Kimberly Cole has been singing, dancing and playing piano since she was just four, but it wasn’t until she was a teenager that her skills came together in an unexpected...

Keep Reading...

How Honest Are College Students?

by Nick Jones on May 15, 2012
Freshman > Journalism > Howard University

Riddle me this: what do Monica Lewinsky and a cherry tree have in common? While this may initially sound like it could be a disastrous, distasteful joke, the answer is: they’re both lies American...

Keep Reading...

Top 10 NBA Playoff Series of the Decade

by Danny Golden on May 15, 2012

As we near the the Conference Finals, it is important to look back at some of the best moments in NBA playoff history. Here's the top 10 NBA playoff series of the last 10 years.  10) Lakers-Thunder...

Keep Reading...

Want a Free Ride to Grad School?

by C.T. Schwink on May 15, 2012
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

With graduation on the horizon and the job prospects for many seniors looking bleak, continuing on with higher education is a popular option. Not to mention, it’s a surefire way to gain new skills...

Keep Reading...

10 Steps to Being Mark Zuckerberg

by Josh Axelrod on May 15, 2012

Thanks to The Social Network, the world knows that Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg isn’t an a**hole…he just tried so hard to be. But when you strip away the personalities, the parts that...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Top 16 College Radio Stations

We all love to peruse the Usher discography on Spotify, but sometimes you...

2.

Hopped Up on Adderall: The Risks and Rewards

The first time I dosed on Adderall I was a careless freshman....

3.

12 Halloween Costumes to Suggest For Your Frenemy

Did someone really think a sexy Nemo costume was a good idea? Luckily, College...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...