7 Killer Resume Bloopers

by Meaghan Healy on July 23, 2014
Junior > English and Communications > Boston College

Shortly after working on my own resume with my knowledgeable brother, I found myself chatting about resumes in my friend’s dorm. While we traded tips, one of his roommates suggested that...

Keep Reading...

How to Turn Your Summer Job into Resume Gold

by Meaghan Healy on July 22, 2014

How did your summer job search pan out? Did you score that glamorous city internship, or should we call you Head Barista? If the odds played against your favor this time, worry not. Every job experience...

Keep Reading...

CM's Top 10 Cheapest Textbook Websites

by Madison Rutherford on July 22, 2014
Senior > Journalism > San Francisco State University

Long gone are days when teachers passed out ancient, 3-pound chemistry books on the first day of class. Say goodbye to the excitement of opening the front cover to see if you know the person who...

Keep Reading...

Don't Be THAT Roommate

by Meaghan Healy on July 21, 2014

Upon registering for on-campus housing, you hope the housing gods prevent you and the Slob roommate from crossing paths. Plot twist: you are the Slob. We all possess less than ideal habits, but...

Keep Reading...

Was I Allergic to Running?

by Lyla Lawless on July 21, 2014
Senior > Communication and English > University of Maryland, College Park

Winter break of my freshman year was boring. In fact, it was so boring that I was actually excited about going to Home Depot with my parents. As a sophomore, I was determined not to sink that low again,...

Keep Reading...

The 10 Colleges with the Best Creative Writing Programs

by Meaghan Healy on July 18, 2014

What will you do with a creative writing major? Prepare for the skeptics—a creative writing major is not for the faint of heart. If you’re serious about your craft, you’ll need...

Keep Reading...

Why Embracing Failure isn't Easy

by Anna Hecht on July 17, 2014
Junior>News-Editorial Journalism>University of Illinois

On the outside, you have it together. You appear confident and seem ready to take on the world. On the inside, your fear of failure is causing you to think twice about your dreams. This self-doubt,...

Keep Reading...

The 10 Best College Campuses

by Ross Tetzloff on July 17, 2014
Sophomore > English > Boston College

Looking for a college that will be your true home away from home? These ten schools deliver. Cue the beautiful surroundings, spacious dorms, quality dining, top-notch safety and lively student...

Keep Reading...

Welcome to Course Registration 101, Little Freshman

by Ross Tetzloff on July 16, 2014
Sophomore > English > Boston College

On registration day of my freshman orientation, I arrived knowing every class I wanted. In addition to my first-choice schedule, I had prepared three backups just in case. They didn’t help...

Keep Reading...

Listen Up: Top 10 Headphones for College

by Madison Rutherford on July 16, 2014
Senior>Journalism>San Francisco State University

Headphones say as much about a person as the music they bump through them. If you’re serious about the music you listen to, you’ll likely be serious about how you listen. You want...

Keep Reading...

10 Dorm Bedding Styles and What They Say About You

by Meaghan Healy on July 15, 2014
Junior>English and Communications>Boston College

What’s the most important part of decorating a dorm room? Your bed set. You will come to find that your dorm centers around your bed, so the design needs to scream you. The vast array of bedding...

Keep Reading...

Keep Hydrated: Top 10 College-Friendly Water Bottles

by Lyla Lawless on July 15, 2014

Whether you’re a gym fanatic or just constantly on the go, carrying a water bottle at college is a must. It keeps you hydrated and it’s a great way to reduce plastic bottle consumption and...

Keep Reading...

How to Handle Your Sexually Transmitted Infection

1.

The 10 Colleges with the Best Career Services

Career services are rarely a consideration during your college search—universities...

2.

The 10 Best College Campuses

Looking for a college that will be your true home away from home? These ten...

3.

The 22 Personalities You’ll Meet at Every Music Festival

Bros, coked out yuppies and 12-year-old ravers. Yep, must be a music...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...