9 Things You’ll Miss This Fall

by Daniel Kuhn on August 21, 2014
Junior > Print Journalism > Penn State University

(Image via HuffPo) With wanted signs posted for our missing social lives, summer couldn’t end faster. Each slowly passing day brings us a little closer on the countdown to packed cars...

Keep Reading...

12 Types of Couples You Meet in College

by Melanie Rainone on August 20, 2014
Junior > Journalism and Creative Writing > Hofstra University

Out in the wild world of college, so many singles wander around that it’s easy to forget couples actually exist. Some campuses feature more lovebirds than others, but in general the focus...

Keep Reading...

Outside Lands Redefines the Festival Scene

by Madison Rutherford on August 20, 2014
Senior>Journalism>San Francisco State University

Golden Gate Park was the canvas and the paint was 200,000 sharply dressed, flower crown-clad, Heineken-wielding festivalgoers, 100 diverse musical acts, 70 food vendors, 16 breweries, 36 wineries,...

Keep Reading...

CM's Top 19 Apps, Discounts and Resources for College Students

by Meaghan Healy on August 20, 2014
Junior > English and Communications > Boston College

Needless to say, we college students are a busy bunch. Make some lists, see a doctor, relieve stress with a workout or play the latest jam with these apps, discounts and resources. With a few swipes,...

Keep Reading...

Are Laptops More Efficient than Handwritten Notes?

by Kendall Russell on August 19, 2014
Senior > English and Print Journalism > Pennsylvania State University

The academic community has long debated whether laptops should be allowed in classrooms. Yet, in every large lecture hall there are two things you’ll hear: the professor’s tedious drone...

Keep Reading...

7 Types of People You'll Meet at College Parties

by Jacob Scholl on August 19, 2014
Junior > Journalism > University of Missouri

It’s Friday night and you’re ecstatic. Why? Your friend Dave is having a party at his off-campus house and it’s your first official college party. You’ve already tried a...

Keep Reading...

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

by Kendall Russell on August 18, 2014

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human skin? Did you know that our hands evolved specifically for punching other humans in the face? Did you know that if you...

Keep Reading...

The Top 10 Luxury Dorm Items

by Jacob Scholl on August 18, 2014

While you’re moving into your dorm, you notice that Bobby from across the hall is advertising that he has the greatest room in the building. He’s claiming that his single room has more...

Keep Reading...

The Case for Going Greek

by Jacob Scholl on August 15, 2014

You’ve heard all the stereotypical reasons for joining a fraternity or sorority: great parties, great friends, yada yada yada. It allows you become a sociable, well-balanced adult, but here’s...

Keep Reading...

The Virgin Bar Guide for Turning 21

by Anna Hecht on August 15, 2014
Junior > News-Editorial Journalism > University of Illinois

You're finally turning 21. Gone are the days of relying on your older friends to buy you beer. It’s finally up to you to navigate the bar scene by yourself, hopefully without looking like...

Keep Reading...

Suitcase Ninjitsu: There Can Only Be One

by Adlaine Peterson on August 14, 2014
Senior > Journalism > Temple University

Let’s just say that when packing for school, I’m not The Minimalist. I stuff my suitcases within an inch of their polyester lives. Unfortunately, if you’re flying to school from...

Keep Reading...

18 Crazy Things That Happened at Outside Lands 2014

by Madison Rutherford on August 14, 2014
Senior > Journalism > San Francisco State University

Few things can embody the density and diversity of a city like San Francisco. The California coastal city serves as a cultural hub—blending a rich music scene, the most delicious and innovative...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

Love in College is Like Falling Off a Cliff

In my personal experience, the concept of love has always been shrouded in...

2.

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human...

3.

#CommunicationMajorProbs

Sitting in an Intro to Communication class, the divide is clear: The journalism...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...