Wouldn’t it be great to live your life like a sitcom? The funny, quirky, inspiring and often straight-up ridiculous moments that are brought to our TV (and laptop) screens every night often make you wish you lived in those worlds. Here are a few great moments in modern television that can be brought into college life.
1. See if The Naked Man (or Woman) Works
The very unorthodox trick coined by How I Met Your Mother is said to work two out of three times. Get two of your friends to try it and see if the statistic is true.
2. Play True American
The New Girl gang calls it a drinking game with a loose Candyland structure. Any game that allows its players to look something like this is worth trying at least once. The rules are complicated, so pay attention.
3. Unknowingly smoke crack...just don’t tell your mom
Think of it as a glass cigarette. When Shoshannah from Girls innocently thought she was smoking a joint at a warehouse party in Brooklyn, she realized she had superhuman strength. Maybe that could happen to you!
4. Drink whiskey in class, Mad Men style
In the classic 60s ad agency, a full tray of liquor was an ad executive's staple. But hey, it's 2013 and there’s no reason why you can’t bring that lifestyle to your college campus. Tough lecture in Econ? You need a drink.
5. Crazy bulletin board stalk your boyfriend like Carrie Mathison
Love her or hate her, Homeland’s crazy CIA agent does obsessed better than anyone we know. Everyone is good at Facebook stalking these days, but color-coding, bulletin boards and thumbtacks? That takes some skill.
6. Grade grub your professor in Sorkinese
This video should give you plenty to work with. Just remember to end with, “I think the fact that I want to please you, pleases you.”
7. Do whatever Harvey and Donna do with that can opener
You don’t have to be an ace lawyer to do this. Just grab your can opener and your secretary (or willing partner in crime) and enjoy your secret ritual.
8. Engage in a rousing game of rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
Remember lizard kills Spock and rock still crushes scissors. It’s a more effective way to solve disputes with your friends. You know, statistics.
9. Make lemons out of lemonade
Life will be all like WHATTT? And adopt all other Phil's-osophies into everyday conversation.
10. Be as sassy as the Dowager Countess for a day. So go put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Image: Fan Forum