It’s the second presidential debate, and you know what that means. Yes, another chance to get drunk on a Tuesday night while avoiding midterms. Hey, at least you’re watching the debate and not reruns of Pawn Stars again.
Here is College Magazine’s very own drinking game, so you spend your Tuesday night right.
What you need:
- Beer. Bonus points if it’s the White House special brew or anything Sam Adams. Extra bonus points if it’s Octoberfest.
- The debate. You can see it tonight at 9 p.m. Catch it on cable news stations like CNN, Fox News or MSNBC or on broadcast staples like ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox.
- Drink any time a candidate addresses himself in the third person.
- Drink any time President Obama says “Let Me Be Clear.”
- Drink whenever Governor Romney looks longingly at President Obama.
- Drink whenever Candy Crowley gets awkwardly involved in the debate.
- Take a drink if Romney says “y’all.”
- Drink if either candidate brings up unemployment, 47% or healthcare.
- Take a drink if Obama starts a sentence with “Look….”
- If either candidate goes over their allotted time, chug until the host stops them (and hope Crowley is more assertive than Lehrer).
- If Big Bird is mentioned, everyone finishes their drink.
- Whenever Obama says anything excellent, jump up, salute and shout “Hail to the Chief.” Then drink for ten seconds.
- Whenever Romney says anything excellent, put on your monocle, jump up, and dance “Romneystyle.” Then drink for ten seconds.
- If the wives are mentioned, show off your Michelle Obama arms or your Ann Romney hair and then drink for five seconds.
Enjoy your game, and of course, please drink responsibly.