Dwight Schrute's Girlfriend: CM Interviews Nora Kirkpatrick

by Maria Minsker on April 25, 2013
Senior > English & Communication > Cornell University

It takes a special kind of woman to be Dwight K. Schrute's girlfriend, but Nora Kirkpatrick is up to the challenge. Appearing in five episode's of NBC's hit comedy, The Office, Kirkpatrick...

Keep Reading...

How to Pull a Succesful All-Nighter

by Lucy Negash on April 25, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

The excitement for semester’s end is practically tangible as the days wind down and finals week approaches. The five-day marathon...

Keep Reading...

Gary Vaynerchuk on Passion, Success and the Best Part of His Job

by Justina Tran on April 24, 2013
Junior > Writing for Film and Fiction > Emerson

It’s tough being a New York Times best-selling author, wine connoisseur and social media guru all at the same time. Fortunately, Gary Vaynerchuk can handle the enormous responsibility while teaming...

Keep Reading...

Slut: The Dirtiest Word In The Dictionary

by Ally Norton on April 24, 2013
Senior > English and Communications > Boston College

How many times in a given day do you hear or use the word “slut?” Probably more than you realize. We use it to describe our clothing, our actions, our choices, or the way we carry ourselves....

Keep Reading...

CM Interviews Augusten Burroughs: Author of Running with Scissors

by Kelsey Thomas on April 24, 2013
Senior > Public Relations > Marshall University

*Burroughs is the author of several New York Times best-sellers, including Running with Scissors and Dry.  Entertainment Weekly twice named him one of America's funniest people. The 47-year-old...

Keep Reading...

The Lockdown on Boston: A View from the Inside

by Anna Novikova on April 23, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism and Environmental Analysis & Policy > Boston University

A week has passed since the bombing of the Boston Marathon. Yet the sigh of relief was only felt this weekend, after a manhunt for one of the suspects shut the entire city down Friday. Here are...

Keep Reading...

'I'm Gay at a Catholic College': Taylor MacLeod's Story

by Marie McGrath on April 23, 2013
Junior > English & Communication > Boston College

Boston College is a Jesuit institution with a rich tradition of faith and education. As far as Catholics go, the Jesuits are fairly liberal when it comes to social issues. This forward-thinking mindset...

Keep Reading...

Finals: Resisting the Urge to Check Out Early

by Alex McGuire on April 23, 2013

As a long school year dwindles down, springtime rests upon us and the weather starts to become more and more beautiful, we simultaneously start to give less and less sh**s. That’s the stupid irony...

Keep Reading...

When is Enough, Enough?

by Mira Milla on April 23, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Texas

You’re in a relationship and everything is going great. Then you find out you’ve been cheated on, whether they grew the courage to tell you or you catch them in their own infidelity. You...

Keep Reading...

Happy Earth Day: 5 Fun Ways to Celebrate in College

by Jessica Suss on April 22, 2013

Earth Day: 24 hours of tree-planting, bike-riding, carbonless good times…if you’re 8 years old. Realistically, Earth Day hasn’t been fun since grade school when we still got to have...

Keep Reading...

Sexless Cheating

by Eric Ramirez on April 22, 2013
Senior > Writing > Savannah College of Art and Design

For whatever reason, the word “cheating” was chosen by our generation to commonly reference infidelity, as if relationships are a game. They shouldn’t be. But there is a reason people...

Keep Reading...

A Reply to Westboro Baptist's Threat to Picket Boston Funerals

by Elizabeth O'Connor on April 21, 2013

*Earlier this week, the Westboro Baptist Church threatened via Twitter to picket the funerals of those killed in the Boston Marathon bombings: http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2013/04/16/boston-bombing-funerals-will-be-picketed-westboro-baptist-church-says   Hello,   I...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Top 10 Health Obsessed Universities 2014

Drop the Doritos. Cue the kale chip. At these universities, “health”...

2.

I'm That Girl Who Peaked in High School

Before I left for Syracuse University, adults echoed the same advice: “enjoy...

3.

The 10 Most Liberal Colleges

Imagine a college where protests break out on the quad as often as the...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...