Tragic Bombing at the Boston Marathon

by Marissa Russo on April 16, 2013
Junior > Journalism > Michigan State University

When two explosions occurred near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, the day where Bostonians started off celebrating Patriots’ Day ended as a time of sadness and unexpected tragedy. Details...

Keep Reading...

VIDEO: The Ultimate Girls Road Trip

by Amanda Nachman on April 15, 2013
Publisher

My dream of driving across the country always felt unattainable—an experience only had in movies. But when I decided to move to San Diego, the dream became a reality. I called my best friend Vy...

Keep Reading...

5 Game Apps You Know You're Addicted To

by Jessica Suss on April 15, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

There’s an app for that. There’s always an app for that. Counting your calories, making your face look fatter or older or toothless or sepia-toned, even connecting with other bathroom-goers...

Keep Reading...

Quad 101: Tips for Taking Advantage of Your Campus Green

by Lucy Negash on April 15, 2013

As the temperatures rise on college campuses across the country, students have been taking advantage of the wide, open areas of grass between dorms and academic buildings, sometimes known as a campus...

Keep Reading...

CM's Cheating Playlist

by Bianca Monaco on April 15, 2013
Senior > International Business & Italian > Loyola University Maryland

CollegeMag Cheating Playlist from CollegeMag on 8tracks Radio. Everyone has his or her catharsis. Some write, some run and some get kicked out of bars. There is a soundtrack for it all....

Keep Reading...

True Life: I Need Hired

by Lyssa Winograd on April 13, 2013
Junior > Journalism > Penn State

I'm a senior at Penn State, graduating in May 2013. As of now, my post-graduation plans are to move back in with my parents and pray for a response from one of the many employers I’ve sent...

Keep Reading...

This Week's Cheat Sheet April 7-12

by Laura Lefavor on April 13, 2013
Senior > English > University of Maryland, Baltimore County

Catch up on what happened this week, from bomb threats at University of Pittsburgh to dentist visits gone wrong. 1. Procrastination taken to a whole new level. Police have finally determined...

Keep Reading...

Why Can't You Just Say Hi?

by Elizabeth O'Connor on April 12, 2013

Dear Fellow College Students,   You may know me as that girl from your Spanish class who can’t conjugate any verbs in the past tense. Perhaps we made out once freshman year. Maybe...

Keep Reading...

No News is Better Than Bad News

by Max Warren on April 12, 2013
J.D. Candidate > English, Political Science > Harvard Law

CBS ran a story this week with the headline “Giffords, Kelly Own Guns While Pushing Gun Control.” The headline refers to former-Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband. You may...

Keep Reading...

Coachella 2013 Music Preview: Did YOU Get a Ticket?

by Marie McGrath on April 11, 2013
Junior > English & Communication > Boston College

Last year I spent three magical days in Indio, California. During those three days, I saw an absurd amount of live music from indie to hip-hop to EDM. There are a lot of reasons to love the Coachella...

Keep Reading...

5 Things You Should Know About Pope Francis

by Jesslyn Angelia on April 11, 2013
Freshman > Journalism > George Washington University

He's been on the front pages of newspapers and on the covers of magazines. But while Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina may be old news by now, he still definitely stands out from his predecessors. The...

Keep Reading...

Pre-Schooler vs. Scholar: Were Those Really the 'Good Old Days'?

by Anamika Roy on April 11, 2013

Between the pre-games, parties and after parties, college is also time to get serious and make some important  life decisions.  When pulling all-nighters, preparing for job interviews and...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

The 10 Most Hipster Campuses 2014

Hipsters appreciate more than rocking flannel and chugging Pabst Blue Ribbon....

2.

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human...

3.

12 Types of Couples You Meet in College

Out in the wild world of college, so many singles wander around that it’s...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...