TECH-KNOWLEDGE-Y?

by Lyssa Winograd on March 24, 2013
Senior > Journalism > Penn State

We all remember back in middle school when taking notes meant copying off the chalkboard. Then technology advanced and we started copying off the projector, then the smart board. All this really meant...

Keep Reading...

Hunting the Hunters: Changing Rape Culture

by Max Warren on March 23, 2013
J.D. Candidate > English, Political Science > Harvard Law

Today we’re going to talk about the Steubenville High rape case. This column is about why you really should take a minute from planning your Spring Break-palooza or whatever and care about it,...

Keep Reading...

This Week's Cheat Sheet: Spring Break Edition

by Laura Lefavor on March 22, 2013
Senior > English > University of Maryland, Baltimore County

With most college students on spring break at some point in March, it's not surprising that so many stories about partying gone wrong have ended up in the news. Here's what happened this week,...

Keep Reading...

Foreign Policy: It's Not Just For the Government Anymore

by Jesslyn Angelia on March 22, 2013
Freshman > Journalism > George Washington University

More than 13,000 pro-Israel activists gathered at the Washington Convention Center for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s annual policy conference earlier this month. But the most...

Keep Reading...

Quitting the Electric Beach

by Elizabeth O'Connor on March 22, 2013
Junior > Communications > Boston College

I love everything about tanning salons. The coconutty smell of the lotion, the look of the blue UV lights glowing beneath the plastic barrier, even the feeling of my own skin burning all evoke feelings...

Keep Reading...

Only Halfway Out of the Closet

by Eric Ramirez on March 22, 2013
Senior > Journalism > Savannah College of Art and Design

I remember meeting my first (and last) girlfriend’s parents outside of a movie theatre back in middle school and trying to nail the appropriate handshake strength. There is a customary weight...

Keep Reading...

8 Ways to Save Money on Spring Break

by Marie McGrath on March 21, 2013
Junior > English & Communication > Boston College

It seems that 50% of conversations had among my friends are about money related stress. We want to have a good time, but we don’t have the money to do so. Or at least, we think we don’t....

Keep Reading...

What Should Be On Your College Bucket List

by Anamika Roy on March 21, 2013
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

We all know the cliché, college is supposed to be the best four years of your life. Most of us can agree that this is true, but it also means that we must do everything we can to make the most...

Keep Reading...

True Life: I Gave Up Sex for Lent

by Mira Milla on March 21, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Texas

We were sitting when she randomly offered me a bag of chips. I looked over and she had about 5 bags of chips, all different flavors, with her. “What are you doing with all those chips?”...

Keep Reading...

5 Websites to Educate Yourself for Free

by Justina Tran on March 20, 2013
Junior > Writing for Film and Television > Emerson

Have you ever wanted to learn more about a particular subject but your school didn't offer any courses on it? Look no further than the internet! There are tons of websites offering free educational...

Keep Reading...

So, What's All This North Korea Talk About?

by Marissa Russo on March 20, 2013
Junior > Journalism > Michigan State University

Fear of a nuclear attack from North Korea has been in the back of many minds since 2006 when the single-party country declared they had developed a nuclear weapon. On March 7, the fear seemed to become...

Keep Reading...

15 Signs It's Spring on Campus

by Kelsey Thomas on March 20, 2013
Senior > Public Relations > Marshall

It’s spring. The sun is out, the grass is green and college students everywhere are crawling out of their dorm rooms like cavemen after an ice age.  While our parents are at home daydreaming...

Keep Reading...

How to Handle Your Sexually Transmitted Infection

1.

The 10 Colleges with the Best Career Services

Career services are rarely a consideration during your college search—universities...

2.

The 10 Best College Campuses

Looking for a college that will be your true home away from home? These ten...

3.

The 10 Colleges with the Best Creative Writing Programs

What will you do with a creative writing major? Prepare for the skeptics—a...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...