5 Reasons Why The News Doesn't Suck

by College Magazine on May 06, 2013

On April 18, 1930, BBC radio began and ended its evening newscast with the following: "Good evening. Today is Good Friday. There is no news." Instead of news that day, the BBC treated...

Keep Reading...

The Last Minute Beach Body Push

by Lucy Negash on May 06, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Notre Dame

With the crush of finals coming up, exercising and eating right take a backseat to all-nighters and consuming coffee like it's water.  We all want to look good when we go home, but the dread...

Keep Reading...

Cinco de Mayo for Couples

by Ally Norton on May 05, 2013
Senior > English and Communications > Boston College

Up there with Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s day, Cinco de Mayo is one of the many spring semester holidays that provide an excuse to do a little something different. And who doesn’t...

Keep Reading...

Why I Couldn't Last a Week (...or a Day) as a Vegan

by Elizabeth O'Connor on May 03, 2013
Junior > Communications > Boston College

This article was originally going to be called “My Week as a Vegan in Spain," but as you can see my situation has changed a bit. I recently attended a traditional Spanish bullfight in...

Keep Reading...

This Week’s Cheat Sheet April 28-May 3

by Laura Lefavor on May 03, 2013
Senior > English > University of Maryland, Baltimore County

With the nice spring weather in full force, we know you’d rather be outdoors than reading through the news. Here are a few of the things that happened this week to catch you up, from more issues...

Keep Reading...

Graduation: Why the Real World Isn't So Bad

by Anamika Roy on May 02, 2013
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

The next few weeks in spring are a depressing time for seniors. Any time someone asks, “So what are your plans after graduation?” they risk getting punched in the face. With the real world...

Keep Reading...

Sixty-Six Million Girls are Missing From Classrooms

by Marissa Russo on May 02, 2013
Junior > Journalism > Michigan State University

When Martha Adams was younger and learning about the civil rights movement, she used to ask her parents all kinds of questions about the ‘60s. “I thought it would be incredible to be...

Keep Reading...

The Hookup Culture: Is Everyone Really Doing It?

by Bianca Monaco on May 01, 2013
Senior > International Business & Italian > Loyola University Maryland

There are varied reasons why people cheat, and the crux of their intentions is not a simple matter.  However, maybe a part of the cheating can be accounted for from the culture we have accepted:...

Keep Reading...

The End of Free Higher Education in America?

by Anna Novikova on April 30, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism and Environmental Analysis & Policy > Boston University

The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, one of the last free colleges in America, announced last week that it would begin charging tuition to undergraduate students.  The college’s...

Keep Reading...

Snapchat Etiquette: The Do's and Don'ts

by Marie McGrath on April 30, 2013
Junior > English & Communication > Boston College

If you don’t have an iPhone or an equally capable equivalent you are at risk for social ostracism more than ever before because of the phenomenon that is Snapchat. This inexplicably entertaining...

Keep Reading...

How to Visit Other College Campuses with Class

by Alex McGuire on April 30, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Since the dawn of automobiles and airplanes, there’s always been the classic “I’ll come visit you” cliché heard among your core group of friends as you all depart back...

Keep Reading...

Today's Lesson: Asexual Dating

by Eric Ramirez on April 30, 2013
Senior > Writing > Savannah College of Art and Design

Sexuality is more complex than straight, gay and bi — there are also asexual people out there. Understandably, the term “asexuality” leads to a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings,...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

The 14 RA’s You’ll Meet in College

The Resident Advisor is the person on your floor that you either...

2.

CM's Guide to University of Florida

The University of Florida is THE school you imagined after watching all of...

3.

What Your Temple University Dorm Says About You

Everyone knows that in college, your dorm represents more than just your...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...