Mosh Pit? 5 Tips For Your First Live Show

by Sung-Min Kim on March 11, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Going to a concerts for the first time? Whether it’s a punk-rock or R&B concert, keep in mind that you’re surrounded by people who came to listen to the band sing the song, not you....

Keep Reading...

How To Map Your College Future

by Lucy Negash on March 11, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism and Sociology > University of Notre Dame

Springtime always seems to be so much busier than any other time, with day drinks and tanning taking up much of your time. There is also the looming summer up ahead, with constant chatter about what...

Keep Reading...

Should We Cohabitate in College?

by Mira Milla on March 11, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Texas

When dating, it seems as if you just can’t get enough of your boyfriend or girlfriend. As if spending every waking minute together between classes and club meetings isn’t enough, you want...

Keep Reading...

Back to the 80s: My Life without a Cell Phone

by Marie McGrath on March 08, 2013
Junior > English & Communication > Boston College

I moved to France for my study abroad program on February 1st and have been phoneless since. It started out as a quasi-phonelessnes; I didn’t have a French number, but whenever I was graced by...

Keep Reading...

This Week’s Cheat Sheet March 3-8

by Laura Lefavor on March 08, 2013
Senior > English > University of Maryland, Baltimore County

Swamped with midterms? Busy planning your spring break vacation? No time to keep up with what’s going on in the world? Don’t sweat it. Here’s a breakdown of the things that happened...

Keep Reading...

Happy International Women's Day!

by Mira Milla on March 08, 2013

Women have always struggled with battling stereotypes and achieving equality with men. As strong and determined women, we have come a long way as we fight to be recognized as actual people with rights....

Keep Reading...

Awkward social situations and how to handle them

by Anamika Roy on March 07, 2013
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Life is full of awkward situations. We can run away from them (and make things more awkward) or face them head on. Here are some awkward situations you might face regularly and what you can do to get...

Keep Reading...

Forget Florida: 5 Spring Break Ideas You Overlooked

by Amanda Breen on March 07, 2013
Freshman > Writing, Literature & Publishing > Emerson College

Spring break is right around the corner, and everyone you know is going to Florida or Punta Cana, right? You know the white sandy beaches, the turquoise waters, the parties? Been there, done that. If...

Keep Reading...

The Buzz About the Voting Rights Act

by Max Warren on March 07, 2013
J.D. Candidate > English, Political Science > Harvard Law

Good news, everyone! We’ve finally beat racism! Wait, hadn’t you heard? Allow me to fill you in. Alabama's Shelby County (historically just a utopia of great race-relations), has...

Keep Reading...

7 Scholarships You Should Apply To

by Justina Tran on March 07, 2013
Junior > Writing for Film and Television > Emerson

Sometimes it seems as if scholarship organizations primarily offer opportunities and contests to high school students while disregarding current college students. That’s not true! There are plenty...

Keep Reading...

Could He Be Gay?

by Eric Ramirez on March 07, 2013
Senior > Journalism > Savannah College of Art and Design

Until the world is accepting of all sexualities, and the metaphorical closet no longer exists, there is a problem we are all going to have to deal with: is he straight or is he gay? This is only...

Keep Reading...

The College Student’s Academic Bucket List

by Jennifer Lavoie on March 06, 2013
Junior > Communications and English > Boston College

Sure every student has a college bucket list: get into the local bar underage, make it to every home football game, plan an epic spring break trip and likely many more. While many of these goals are...

Keep Reading...

Should You Remain Friends With Your Ex?

1.

Turn Your Walk of Shame Into A Stride of Pride

Whether your night out at a bar, dance club, or party led you back to someone’s...

2.

10 Celebrities Who Were Interns Too

Coffee runs, answering phone calls and doing anything possible to get...

3.

10 Lies Our Parents Told Us About Getting a Job

When I was a kid, I saw the world as a boundless place of possibility. But now...

Songza (NY)

Songza is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to do music research ...