The Hookup Culture: Is Everyone Really Doing It?

by Bianca Monaco on May 01, 2013
Senior > International Business & Italian > Loyola University Maryland

There are varied reasons why people cheat, and the crux of their intentions is not a simple matter.  However, maybe a part of the cheating can be accounted for from the culture we have accepted:...

Keep Reading...

The End of Free Higher Education in America?

by Anna Novikova on April 30, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism and Environmental Analysis & Policy > Boston University

The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, one of the last free colleges in America, announced last week that it would begin charging tuition to undergraduate students.  The college’s...

Keep Reading...

Snapchat Etiquette: The Do's and Don'ts

by Marie McGrath on April 30, 2013
Junior > English & Communication > Boston College

If you don’t have an iPhone or an equally capable equivalent you are at risk for social ostracism more than ever before because of the phenomenon that is Snapchat. This inexplicably entertaining...

Keep Reading...

How to Visit Other College Campuses with Class

by Alex McGuire on April 30, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Since the dawn of automobiles and airplanes, there’s always been the classic “I’ll come visit you” cliché heard among your core group of friends as you all depart back...

Keep Reading...

Today's Lesson: Asexual Dating

by Eric Ramirez on April 30, 2013
Senior > Writing > Savannah College of Art and Design

Sexuality is more complex than straight, gay and bi — there are also asexual people out there. Understandably, the term “asexuality” leads to a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings,...

Keep Reading...

Coachella One Week Later: What Everyone's Still Talking About

by Jessica Suss on April 29, 2013

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival wrapped up its second weekend of performances last Sunday. It’s been running for 14 years now and a veritable hotspot for anyone looking to show off...

Keep Reading...

Spring Cleaning Your College Space

by Lucy Negash on April 29, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Notre Dame

Between spring parties and cramming for finals, cleaning is probably the last thing on college students' minds. At some point or another,...

Keep Reading...

Why Didn't You Just Break Up With Me?

by College Magazine on April 29, 2013
Jasmine McCain, Senior > English > University of Missouri

Cheating is a selfish act. Of course, there are acts of cheating that are deliberate and there are things that “just happen,” but I think that both are rooted in some sense of dissatisfaction....

Keep Reading...

Robots v. the Associated Press

by College Magazine on April 27, 2013

Imagine you see the Associated Press tweet from Monday afternoon. I’d panic too, but it didn't take more than 15 seconds to figure out that the AP’s verified account had been...

Keep Reading...

Sofia Coppola’s upcoming movie trashed by real life ‘Bling Ring’ member

by Jesslyn Angelia on April 26, 2013
Freshman > Journalism > George Washington University

The new trailer for Sofia Coppola’s upcoming movie “The Bling Ring” looks pretty amazing. But evidently, not everyone’s excited about it. Alexis Neiers, a real life Bling...

Keep Reading...

Sing in the Spring Playlist

by Amanda Breen on April 26, 2013
Freshman > Writing, Literature & Publishing > Emerson College

Spring is in the air! Time to put those sunglasses on, go for a drive with the windows down, and blast these tunes as loud as your car stereo permits!   1. Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf  This...

Keep Reading...

Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Why Should You Care?

by Max Warren on April 25, 2013
J.D. Candidate > English, Political Science > Harvard Law

Audrie Potts. That name mean anything to you? I’m going to assume it doesn’t. You may remember College Magazine’s earlier coverage of Steubenville wherein two human-waste rapists assaulted...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

Love in College is Like Falling Off a Cliff

In my personal experience, the concept of love has always been shrouded in...

2.

10 Gifts Students Actually Want

Wait, it’s August already? Excuse me while I go hide from all the back-to-school...

3.

#CommunicationMajorProbs

Sitting in an Intro to Communication class, the divide is clear: The journalism...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...