My Friend Was My Summer Fling

by Mira Milla on July 10, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Texas

Summer flings are almost always spontaneous and are meant to be fun. When you come across being in a summer fling, it’s usually with someone you just met and probably won’t see after the...

Keep Reading...

Should You Remain Friends With Your Ex?

by Jasmine McCain on July 09, 2013
Senior > English > University of Missouri

You sigh, ready to turn away without another word, until you hear, “Can we still be friends?” It’s the looming question that succeeds most breakups. But I’ve always wondered,...

Keep Reading...

Be Your Own Brand: CM Interviews Liz Goodgold

by Cecilia Hollenhorst on July 09, 2013
Sophomore > Undecided > Pomona College

Branding yourself can seem intimidating and you may wonder if it’s even helpful, but in a day and age as competitive as ours, its important to know how branding can shape you into a marketable...

Keep Reading...

From Sushi Chefs to Beer Connoisseurs: Six Interesting Netflix Documentaries

by Alison Takahashi on July 09, 2013
Sophomoer > English and Communications > Boston College

With movie rental stores becoming a thing of the past, people of every age are forced to come to a decision. Whether you choose to watch your flicks via pay-per-view, by purchasing movies online, using...

Keep Reading...

5 Takeaways From the Edward Snowden Scandal

by Ben Olcott on July 08, 2013
Senior > English > Boston College

1. Don't Think This Doesn't Have Anything To Do With You. It Does. By using the Internet, you are, in a sense, sticking a pin labeled as you onto a map. The map is made of data, and your...

Keep Reading...

My Life in the Middle of Nowhere

by Kelsey Thomas on July 06, 2013
Senior > Public Relations > Marshall University

For four months this year, I lived fifteen minutes from the world’s largest steerable radio telescope – which unless you’re a complete science junkie, probably means absolutely nothing...

Keep Reading...

Caffeine Addicts Anonymous

by Anna Hecht on July 06, 2013
Sophomore > News-Editorial Journalism > University of Illinois

Even in current times of economic trouble, it's not uncommon for coffee connoisseurs to pay $4 for their daily cup of coffee. People hang signs in their homes with sayings such as: "sadness...

Keep Reading...

How to Win Friends and Influence People: CM Interviews Diane Beliveau

by Mica Kelmachter on July 05, 2013
Senior > English > University of Maryland

Sometimes it feels scary to think about the future. Sometimes it feels intimidating to socialize with people in authoritative positions. However, these individuals can often advise us on how to secure...

Keep Reading...

Six Scrumptious Food-Themed Parties

by Alison Takahashi on July 05, 2013
Sophomore > English and Communications > Boston College

Ever heard the phrase, “food and drinks bring the people ‘round?” This time-old idiom is an undeniably true one and can proven by the common clustering of people whenever a bowl...

Keep Reading...

The Intern Diaries: Part I

by Alyssa Holcomb on July 04, 2013
Junior > Telecommunications > University of Florida

Contest Calls, Concerts, and…Jeez, That’s A Lot Of Glitter! Any professor, professional, or anxious college student will stress the importance of the summer internship while studying...

Keep Reading...

Our 2013 American Dream

by Marie McGrath on July 03, 2013
Senior > English & Communication > Boston College

In the United States, we grow up surrounded by the concept of “the American Dream.” This has become a staple term of our nation and culture, but often we don’t take the time to discuss...

Keep Reading...

Embracing Your Inner Kid

by Mallory Feeney on July 03, 2013
Senior > English > Adelphi University

We’ve all been there- daydreaming during class, wishing we could turn back the hands of time to some of our favorite memories growing up. Whether it be to a high school football game, running...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Top 16 College Radio Stations

We all love to peruse the Usher discography on Spotify, but sometimes you...

2.

Top 10 Law Programs for Pre-Law Students

**Thinking about law school? Register for a Law School Forum ASAP.** Here’s...

3.

What Millennials Want in a Career

The careers millennials want may seem out of the ordinary to our parents,...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...