The Ultimate Summer Bucket List

by Mallory Feeney on May 11, 2013
senior > English > Adelphi University

With only a few weeks left in the semester, everyone is starting to plan their summer getaways and vacations. If you’re running on a budget, spending a week on a tropical island may not fit into...

Keep Reading...

This Week’s Cheat Sheet May 5-10

by Laura Lefavor on May 10, 2013
Senior > English > University of Maryland, Baltimore County

It’s finals time, which means we know you’ve been way too busy to keep up with anything that doesn’t have to do with Biochem or that research paper you’ve been procrastinating...

Keep Reading...

Enticing TV Show Mergers

by Anamika Roy on May 10, 2013
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Stephen Colbert has already shown what a Downton Abbey/Breaking Bad crossover would look like. But what if the characters from Modern Family lived in Downton Abbey, or Schmidt from New Girl was on the...

Keep Reading...

MGMT's New Live Sound: Hit or Miss?

by Sung-Min Kim on May 10, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

On May 3, MGMT stopped by University of Maryland, College Park campus as a part of their 2013 tour.  They have announced the release of a new album, tentatively in June, and a single, “Alien...

Keep Reading...

A Lesson in Transgender Dating

by Eric Ramirez on May 10, 2013
Senior > Writing > Savannah College of Art and Design

The T in LGBT is left out way too often. In fact, transsexual individuals are frequently forgotten in civil rights pushes. And because of this exclusion, there are a lot of misconceptions about what...

Keep Reading...

The Must-have Tips of BBQ Season

by Sung-Min Kim on May 08, 2013

No matter where you are, odds are that the weather is getting warmer. Your fellow peers are going to break out the grill and coals and head outside to enjoy some food and sunny weather! But because...

Keep Reading...

75 Ways to Impress This Spring

by Bianca Monaco on May 08, 2013
Senior > International Business & Italian > Loyola University Maryland

When you are about to ask her on the first date 1. Please do not do it via text, do it in person. 2. The “Go on a date with me? Yes, No, Maybe” still makes girls smile. 3. Call...

Keep Reading...

Blame it on the Alcohol: Why is Binge Drinking So Socially Acceptable?

by Alex McGuire on May 07, 2013

Most of us have drank before. Whether we simply tasted it, drowned in it, hated it, or loved it, many college students are all too familiar with its conducive effects. According to the Alcohol 101 Plus...

Keep Reading...

10 Blogs Every College Student Should Read

by Anna Hecht on May 07, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Illinois

When it comes to the endless blogosphere of personally and professionally run blog sites, the vast amount of informational sources can be both a blessing and a curse. As college students, we don’t...

Keep Reading...

5 Reasons Why The News Doesn't Suck

by College Magazine on May 06, 2013

On April 18, 1930, BBC radio began and ended its evening newscast with the following: "Good evening. Today is Good Friday. There is no news." Instead of news that day, the BBC treated...

Keep Reading...

The Last Minute Beach Body Push

by Lucy Negash on May 06, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Notre Dame

With the crush of finals coming up, exercising and eating right take a backseat to all-nighters and consuming coffee like it's water.  We all want to look good when we go home, but the dread...

Keep Reading...

Cinco de Mayo for Couples

by Ally Norton on May 05, 2013
Senior > English and Communications > Boston College

Up there with Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s day, Cinco de Mayo is one of the many spring semester holidays that provide an excuse to do a little something different. And who doesn’t...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

Love in College is Like Falling Off a Cliff

In my personal experience, the concept of love has always been shrouded in...

2.

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human...

3.

#CommunicationMajorProbs

Sitting in an Intro to Communication class, the divide is clear: The journalism...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...