Racing Toward Parental Consent?

by Mira Milla on June 28, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Texas

Interracial couples were deemed legal to marry in the U.S. in 1967, which isn’t that long ago if you really think about it. Since then, interracial couples have been flourishing among us. You...

Keep Reading...

Less Facebook, More LinkedIn

by Victoria Spagnuolo on June 27, 2013
Senior > Communications, Business > Florida Southern College

How about a little less Facebook, and a little more LinkedIn? In all honesty, do you live for “likes”? Because while your popularity on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram might seem like...

Keep Reading...

Members of Team StarKid Prep "Redux" & Offers Advice For B(F)As

by Alyssa Holcomb on June 27, 2013
Junior > Telecommunications > University of Florida

Anyone studying theatre in college knows that there are numerous outlets to create and perform a wide variety of artistic endeavors. For members of theatre group Team StarKid, some of those endeavors...

Keep Reading...

Do Something: CM Interviews Campaign Manager Alyssa Ruderman

by Mallory Feeney on June 27, 2013
Senior > English > Adelphi University

Last year, 225,270 students fought texting and driving, 141,766 made schools more earth-friendly, 101,444 raised text babies; 79, 589 helped get senior citizens "wired," 46, 245 used Facebook...

Keep Reading...

Do You Want To Be A Car Commercial?

by Ben Olcott on June 26, 2013
Junior > English, Philosophy > Boston College

It’s difficult to call “personal brand” a hot new phrase. For as long as there has been a job market, workers with individualized, unique skillsets have been given special...

Keep Reading...

The Wonderfully Wasteful Reddit Experience

by Alex McGuire on June 26, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Imagine a place -- a glorious and mesmerizing place -- where all the crazy girlfriend, lazy college senior, sloth, cat, Kate Upton, and overly manly man pictures and memes are all gathered for you to...

Keep Reading...

Picking the Vine: Will the Original App in the Video-Sharing Craze Stay on Top?

by Alyssa Holcomb on June 25, 2013

In our media-crazed age, it doesn’t take long for things to go “viral” – days, maybe hours. But with Vine, a new video app launched by Twitter, that timeline is even shorter...

Keep Reading...

Yeezus Has Risen

by Sung-Min Kim on June 25, 2013

On May 18, the new Kanye West track “New Slaves” was projected onto 66 different buildings around the world. Many curious fans videotaped and analyzed this track, hoping to get an idea of...

Keep Reading...

Food and Fun: City Traveling on a Budget

by Mallory Feeney on June 24, 2013
Senior > English > Adelphi University

As students, we're constrained to stuffy classrooms and wide-screened library computer screens for the majority of four years. However, these may also be the last four years we are able to embrace...

Keep Reading...

Humiliating Internship Stories

by College Magazine on June 24, 2013

It's the first day of that internship you've been fretting over for weeks.  You're wearing freshly pleated dress pants, pointy professional heels and a crisp buttonup to match (an outfit...

Keep Reading...

Birthright 2013: A Falafeling Good Time

by Josh Axelrod on June 21, 2013
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

When I first began to look into Birthright, it was described to me as a “10-day adrenaline rush” through Israel. I assumed that was an exaggeration. If anything, it was an understatement.   Birthright...

Keep Reading...

5 Ways to End a Summer Fling

by Mira Milla on June 21, 2013

Summer flings are easy to start and difficult to end. How would you end a three-month romance?  “We will still keep in touch.” –Morgan Prather, freshman at Texas State University Some...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Guide to University of Florida

The University of Florida is THE school you imagined after watching all of...

2.

The 14 RA’s You’ll Meet in College

The Resident Advisor is the person on your floor that you either...

3.

CM's Guide to University of Maryland, College Park

The University of Maryland is an enormous state flagship public research...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...