To Friend or Not to Friend? Tips for a Professional Social Media Presence

by Mallory Feeney on July 25, 2013
Senior > English > Adelphi University

Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest and LinkedIn- what do these all have in common? They are just a few of the most popular forms of social media interaction. All of these sites are used for...

Keep Reading...

7 Ways to Boost Creative Thinking

by Alex McGuire on July 24, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Michelangelo, Einstein, and Winston Churchill. What do these three historical figures have in common? They were freaking freaks of nature with minds that reached far beyond any of us peasants’...

Keep Reading...

10 Books Guys Are Reading This Summer

by Ben Olcott on July 23, 2013
Senior > English > Boston College

I don't presume to know or have means of figuring out what the "perfect" summer book is. Like any summer's plot, what you make of a book, how much you let in your head and heart, is...

Keep Reading...

Top 10 Bizarre University Traditions

by Kelsey Thomas on July 23, 2013
Senior > Public Relations > Marshall University

Living in a 10x10 cinderblock cell and eating the same cafeteria pizza every day tends to get old. We're bound to find ridiculous ways of entertaining ourselves. Surprisingly, streaking...

Keep Reading...

Top 10 Commencement Speeches

by Eric Ramirez on July 22, 2013
Senior > Writing > Savannah College of Art and Design

Getting your undergraduate degree is a jumping off point. The  day you graduate is just as much a beginning as it is an ending — which is pretty terrifying. But that’s where the...

Keep Reading...

Life Advice from Professors: CM Interviews Boston College's Richard Tresch

by Alison Takahashi on July 22, 2013
Sophomore > English and Communications > Boston College

It's the first day of classes, and the Boston College microeconomic students of Devlin 008 are jabbering about the semester to come. “I heard he’s like thehardest teacher ever”...

Keep Reading...

LinkedIn: The New Resume

by Eric Ramirez on July 19, 2013
Senior>Writing>Savannah College of Art and Design

Going out and getting a job is a different hurdle than it was a few years ago. It used to be that you would arrive to your interview resume in-hand, maybe even a few business cards in your pockets....

Keep Reading...

The Intern Diaries: Part III

by Alyssa Holcomb on July 19, 2013
Junior > Telecommunications > University of Florida

Production room payoffs In case you don’t know, it’s still raining in Florida – as in a lot. There are water spouts spurting up everywhere, and whenever I walk to my cubicle, it...

Keep Reading...

So Your Internship Sucks. Now What?

by Victoria Spagnuolo on July 18, 2013
Senior > Communications, Business > Florida Southern College

So, you did it—you landed that dream internship. You’re super excited to finally get a taste of the real world, and to get your foot in the door of an actual business. You’ve been...

Keep Reading...

A New Brand of Indie: CM Interviews Birds of Chicago

by Marie McGrath on July 18, 2013
Senior > Communication & English > Marie McGrath

From the outside, it looks just like any old mom car: bronze mini van with a rocket top. But this particular vehicle doesn’t hold kids on their way to soccer practice or a family on a summer road...

Keep Reading...

The 7 Stages of Facebook Un-Friending

by Cecilia Hollenhorst on July 17, 2013
Sophomore > Undecided > Pomona College

Admit it, you’ve had that moment.  You’re studying biology – until you remember the two lovebirds you met at your internship last summer…did they ever get married? And...

Keep Reading...

5 Reasons Why You Should Have Been at Bunbury Music Festival

by Kelsey Thomas on July 17, 2013

It’s been nearly three days since Cincinnati’s Bunbury closed its gates, and Instagram’s users are still shamelessly blowing up the festival’s hashtag.  Why?  Because...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Top 16 College Radio Stations

We all love to peruse the Usher discography on Spotify, but sometimes you...

2.

Hopped Up on Adderall: The Risks and Rewards

The first time I dosed on Adderall I was a careless freshman....

3.

12 Halloween Costumes to Suggest For Your Frenemy

Did someone really think a sexy Nemo costume was a good idea? Luckily, College...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...