A New Brand of Indie: CM Interviews Birds of Chicago

by Marie McGrath on July 18, 2013
Senior > Communication & English > Marie McGrath

From the outside, it looks just like any old mom car: bronze mini van with a rocket top. But this particular vehicle doesn’t hold kids on their way to soccer practice or a family on a summer road...

Keep Reading...

The 7 Stages of Facebook Un-Friending

by Cecilia Hollenhorst on July 17, 2013
Sophomore > Undecided > Pomona College

Admit it, you’ve had that moment.  You’re studying biology – until you remember the two lovebirds you met at your internship last summer…did they ever get married? And...

Keep Reading...

5 Reasons Why You Should Have Been at Bunbury Music Festival

by Kelsey Thomas on July 17, 2013
Senior > Public Relations > Marshall University

It’s been nearly three days since Cincinnati’s Bunbury closed its gates, and Instagram’s users are still shamelessly blowing up the festival’s hashtag.  Why?  Because...

Keep Reading...

25 Ways to Get Ahead This Summer

by Mallory Feeney on July 16, 2013
Senior > English > Adelphi University

Between juggling our summer jobs and trying to make time to get away for a while with friends, we often think that we should fill our summer days with banking some extra school-year cash and taking...

Keep Reading...

Cory Monteith: Farewell, Frankenteen

by Alyssa Holcomb on July 15, 2013
Junior > Telecommunications > University of Florida

There are few events in life that truly leave an impression in our minds. Remembering the time, the place, the circumstances, we are very lucky if we collect a handful of happy moments that we experience...

Keep Reading...

Moses Supposes: Team StarKid’s Joe Moses Talks Tour, Tips, and Panda-monium

by Alyssa Holcomb on July 15, 2013

Whether you’re an improv enthusiast or love “Doctor Who,” then boy does Joe Moses have a “showses” for you! Okay, all rhyming aside, my interview with Team StarKid’s...

Keep Reading...

The Intern Diaries: Part II

by Alyssa Holcomb on July 12, 2013

The Great and Terrible Three Hour Screwdriver Debacle It’s a dull and dreary, rain-soaked week in July and the Florida sunshine is basically nowhere to be found (Are you there,...

Keep Reading...

How it Feels to Be Retweeted By Your Favorite Celebrity

by Marie McGrath on July 12, 2013

It all happens quickly. You shoot out an @reply on a whim, just like you usually do. Then suddenly, you're getting more favorites and replies than ever before. "Hm, that's weird,"...

Keep Reading...

What To Watch (Before Summer’s Over): TV’s Top Mid-Summer Premieres

by Alyssa Holcomb on July 12, 2013

It may be the middle of July, but the wonderful world of television has not slowed down in the summer heat. Season premiere season is still hot and, as we gear up for our fall favorites to return, here...

Keep Reading...

5 Types of Interns You Will Meet

by Victoria Spagnuolo on July 11, 2013
Senior > Communications, Business > Florida Southern College

1. Sneakily Competitive Bitch: This girl acts all sweet and innocent to your face, but she is determined to appear more helpful and competent at every single opportunity. For example, your manager pops...

Keep Reading...

Eat Healthy During Your Lunch Break

by Anna Hecht on July 10, 2013
Sophomore > News-Editorial Journalism > University of Illinois

An 8-hour workday on an empty stomach is something close to torture. Unable to focus or accomplish much of anything, hunger pangs will constantly remind you to pack your lunch the following day. If...

Keep Reading...

My Friend Was My Summer Fling

by Mira Milla on July 10, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Texas

Summer flings are almost always spontaneous and are meant to be fun. When you come across being in a summer fling, it’s usually with someone you just met and probably won’t see after the...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Top 16 College Radio Stations

We all love to peruse the Usher discography on Spotify, but sometimes you...

2.

Top 10 Law Programs for Pre-Law Students

**Thinking about law school? Register for a Law School Forum ASAP.** Here’s...

3.

What Millennials Want in a Career

The careers millennials want may seem out of the ordinary to our parents,...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...