Holley Maher: Music That Makes Us Euphoric

by Marie McGrath on October 09, 2013
Senior > Communication & English > Marie McGrath

In an age when Miley Cyrus making out with sledgehammers makes the figurative front page of the music scene, you have to listen closely for the little voices out there singing and doing big things....

Keep Reading...

Kim Kardashian on Student Loan Interest Rate Decrease

by Hannah Mahon on October 09, 2013
Junior > English > University of Maryland

Hey everyone. Kim Kardashian here. SO this week I’m writing about student loans and I really feel like I should say I definitely needed help reading about this…and reading in general. So...

Keep Reading...

Finding True Friends in College

by Anna Hecht on October 08, 2013
Junior > News-Editorial Journalism > University of Illinois

Can the true, Anne of Green Gables “kindred spirit” kind of friendships be formed in college? How can you tell which of your college friends are actually genuine? These questions have crossed...

Keep Reading...

10 Mottos to Live By This Semester

by Emily Rella on October 08, 2013
Junior > English > Boston College

Inspired by our favorite TV shows, songs and writers, these one-liners are guaranteed to get you through this semester.   1. “Turn down for what?” – Lil Jon This...

Keep Reading...

CM Interviews Atlas Genius

by Kelsey Thomas on October 07, 2013
Senior > Public Relations > Marshall

Not even two years ago, the brothers of budding Adelaide, Australia-based band Atlas Genius were college students squeezing in jam sessions between engineering exams. They were studying for fall 2011...

Keep Reading...

5 Disgusting Dorm Sickness Stories

by Eric Ramirez on October 07, 2013
Senior > Writing > Savannah College of Art and Design

The dorms are hotbeds for all kinds of gross germs and infectious things. It’s kind of like a kennel that houses college animals. Maybe your roommate was the problem — do some people really...

Keep Reading...

This Week's Cheat Sheet: October 6

by Caitlin Smith on October 07, 2013
Senior > English > The George Washington University

Where can you find a sports obsession, bedroom musicians and a good rape joke? Well it wouldn’t be college news without a little of all three. So strap in boys and girls because this week the...

Keep Reading...

Long Live Amazon, the Textbook Titan

by Katherine Brown on October 04, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Florida

Remember the time textbooks cost more than the down payment on a new apartment? In an era where the “board” fees often cost more than the “room” itself, it’s no wonder...

Keep Reading...

Celebrity Kids Do College

by Jenna Cavanagh on October 03, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism > Marist College

When you were five years old, were pictures of you sold for millions of dollars? Were paparazzi camped outside of your house waiting for you to go to your first day of school? I think it’s safe...

Keep Reading...

Top 10 Ways to Survive the Dorms

by Marie McGrath on October 03, 2013
Junior > English > Boston College

I spent the majority of my freshman year sick. Even my most valiant efforts to thwart colds, strep throat, stomach flu and even the dreaded mono were all for naught. Why is it so easy to get sick in...

Keep Reading...

Sweat Glitter: Fight the Freshman Fifteen

by Alex Wood on October 03, 2013
Junior > Communication Studies > UCLA

All-you-can-eat dining halls serve endless amounts of sweet and savory tickle-your-taste-buds treats but threaten your old high school bod. There are parties to throw and late night snacks to eat. Gaining...

Keep Reading...

Who is the Government Shutdown Shutting Down?

by Hannah Mahon on October 02, 2013

No, it’s not Anarchy in the USA. On October 1st 2013, the United States government was officially shutdown because Congress could not agree on a bill to fund their own government. In a ridiculous...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Guide to University of Florida

The University of Florida is THE school you imagined after watching all of...

2.

The 14 RA’s You’ll Meet in College

The Resident Advisor is the person on your floor that you either...

3.

CM's Guide to University of Maryland, College Park

The University of Maryland is an enormous state flagship public research...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...