10 Things I Wish I Knew Before My Freshman Year

by Veronica Alvarado on September 06, 2013
Junior > English > Wesleyan University

1. Cleaning Supplies are Your Best Friend Life tends to come with some messiness, and college is no exception. No matter how careful you are, at some point in your freshman year, you will spill...

Keep Reading...

The Art of the Apology Text

by Emily Rella on September 05, 2013
Junior > English > Boston College

When I took AP Biology in high school, I managed to do something wrong nearly every single lab. One of my lab partners used to call it "muffing up" (inspired by the presence of my daily pre-class...

Keep Reading...

My Lover is Living a Double Life

by Samantha Breen on September 05, 2013
Junior > English > Boston College

They had been in a long-distance relationship since they were 15. *Paul lived in the US, and *Kate lived in Europe. In high school, they had been busy with school and friends, so a long-distance relationship...

Keep Reading...

CM's Top 10 Back-To-School Essentials

by Alex Wood on September 05, 2013
Junior > Communication Studies > UCLA

Laptop, laundry bag, and twin XL sheets. So you think you're all set for college, right? Think again. Here are 10 back-to-school essentials you didn't think you needed.   1.  Fun,...

Keep Reading...

Top 10 Colleges That Look Like Fictional Places

by Hannah Mahon on September 04, 2013
Junior > English > University of Maryland

School may have just started a week ago, but we already wish we were somewhere else. Somewhere a little more magical and a little less demanding. Instead of daydreaming of foreign travels and fantasy...

Keep Reading...

Is Facebook Hurting Your Real Life?

by YaaAsantewaa Faraji on September 04, 2013
Sophomore > Advertising > Pennsylvania State University

We all like to believe that once we go off to college, the outside world doesn’t exist. Goodbye Podunk town I grew up in, hello to the big leagues. But sadly, this isn’t the case. With the...

Keep Reading...

Top 10 Things Upperclassmen Say

by Ryan Galvin on September 03, 2013
Senior > English> Boston College

Ahh, upperclassmen. The big dogs of college campuses everywhere. The juniors and seniors who seem to know all there is to know, the ins and outs of the life of a university student. What’s...

Keep Reading...

8 Crazy College Electives to Spice Up Your Semester

by Alyssa Holcomb on September 03, 2013
Junior > Telecommunications > University of Florida

Need a reprieve from all of those labs and formulas? Have some extra room next semester for an elective? Treat yoself with a fun class! Here’s a list of some of the craziest college electives...

Keep Reading...

Why I'm Single (And My Roommates Are Too)

by Emily Rella on August 29, 2013
Junior > English > Boston College

My roommate once referred to the seven of us as “morbidly single." The phrases “forever alone,” “so single that it hurts” and “somebody please just hold...

Keep Reading...

What Your Professors Expect

by Anna Hecht on August 29, 2013
Sophomore > News-Editorial Journalism > University of Illinois

No two professors are the same. While some are sticklers about arriving to class on time and assignment deadlines, others couldn’t seem to care less about punctuality and will gladly hand out...

Keep Reading...

10 Ways "Pitch Perfect" is Nothing Like College

by Alyssa Holcomb on August 28, 2013

We all know and love the sweet and sassy, aca-awesome college life that “Pitch Perfect” portrayed in all of its harmonizing, burrito-throwing glory. We also know that most of that is not...

Keep Reading...

My Epic Quest For the Perfect Abroad Profile Picture

by Samantha Breen on August 28, 2013
Junior > English > Boston College

I’m almost positive that every person who goes to Australia, for whatever reason, feels as if they must make a photo of them with a kangaroo or a koala their Facebook profile picture. I am...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

The 10 Most Hipster Campuses 2014

Hipsters appreciate more than rocking flannel and chugging Pabst Blue Ribbon....

2.

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human...

3.

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

For the past two decades, browsing for a date online meant you were desperate,...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...