10 Back-to-School Fall TV Previews

by Ryan Galvin on September 12, 2013
Senior > English > Boston College

College is upon us. The sounds of syllabus distribution, football adulation and clinking libations pepper the campus air. It’s an exhilarating time. But while all of the welcome-back-hubbub goes...

Keep Reading...

What to Expect at Your First College Party

by Dylan Connell on September 12, 2013
Senior > Strategic Communication > University of Missouri

If you weren’t the type of person to go to parties in high school, you probably thought that the kids who did were, in some form or fashion, bad news. That assumption kind of gets flipped on its...

Keep Reading...

5 Books Every Freshman Should Read

by Anna Hecht on September 11, 2013
Junior > News-Editorial Journalism > University of Illinois

Looking back, my freshman year of college was full of life adjustments and new experiences. From frantically searching for classrooms to navigating dining halls and mingling with professors and peers,...

Keep Reading...

5 Things You Should Know About Syria

by Gwendolyn Curry on September 11, 2013
Senior > English > The George Washington University

To intervene or not to intervene? That is the question that President Obama and Congress continue to grapple with since the recent revelation of the sarin gas attacks allegedly taking place in Damascus,...

Keep Reading...

Where Were You On September 11?

by Hannah Mahon on September 11, 2013
Junior > English > University of Maryland

September 11th. It’s impossible now to look at that date and see just another date on the calendar. The attack on the twin towers affected every part of American life. The fact is, most of...

Keep Reading...

5 Reasons to Ditch Your High School Mentality

by Colette King on September 11, 2013
Junior > UC Riverside > English

Before indulging in the college experience of new friendships, parties and spring break, you should mentally prepare yourself. Sure, you might think you know everything about roommates and balancing...

Keep Reading...

Dylan Vassallo's Revoultionizing Education at Khan Academy

by Cecilia Hollenhorst on September 10, 2013
Sophomore > Undecided > Pomona College

When Dylan Vassallo built circuits by his grandfather’s side as a young boy, he may have dreamed of a career as an engineer, but he never knew that he’d one day have a hand in changing education...

Keep Reading...

The 7 Freshman You'll Meet in College

by Mira Milla on September 10, 2013
Senior > Journalism > University of Texas

Have you ever been to a party and as soon as someone walks in, you and your friends look at each other and think, “Who invited the freshman?” It’s not hard to spot these newly over-excited...

Keep Reading...

7 Life Skills Every College Student Should Have

by Mallory Feeney on September 09, 2013
Senior > English > Adelphi University

High on graduating from high school, we all have that feeling of, "I'm ready to take on the world; nothing can stop me." Turns out it's almost never really true. As much as we think...

Keep Reading...

5 Movies for Your Freshman Year

by Dylan Connell on September 09, 2013

College gives us the chance, perhaps for the first time, to truly explore our interests and discover new ones. For me and many, these interests include films. I can’t even count how many of my...

Keep Reading...

10 Things I Wish I Knew Before My Freshman Year

by Veronica Alvarado on September 06, 2013
Junior > English > Wesleyan University

1. Cleaning Supplies are Your Best Friend Life tends to come with some messiness, and college is no exception. No matter how careful you are, at some point in your freshman year, you will spill...

Keep Reading...

The Art of the Apology Text

by Emily Rella on September 05, 2013
Junior > English > Boston College

When I took AP Biology in high school, I managed to do something wrong nearly every single lab. One of my lab partners used to call it "muffing up" (inspired by the presence of my daily pre-class...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

The 10 Most Hipster Campuses 2014

Hipsters appreciate more than rocking flannel and chugging Pabst Blue Ribbon....

2.

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human...

3.

12 Types of Couples You Meet in College

Out in the wild world of college, so many singles wander around that it’s...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...