NFL Free Agency Preview

by Jordan Heck on March 10, 2012
Sophomore > Sports Journalism > IUPUI

Last NFL offseason we had to wait until August for free agency to begin because of the lockout. Thankfully, that’s not a problem this year. The free agency period for the NFL begins on March 13....

Keep Reading...

Don't Go Broke Over Spring Break

by Samantha Scharmett on March 10, 2012
Senior > Communications and French > University of Michigan

When you think “spring break,” what do you see? Perhaps colossal crowds of scantily clad college kids blindly dancing across the beach? Maybe a blur of bikinis and tanned six-packs with...

Keep Reading...

From the Senior: How to Overcome the Mid-Semester Hump

by Nicole Eisenberg on March 09, 2012
Junior > Marketing & Supply Chain Management > University of Maryland, College Park

Top dog, head honcho, the big cheese, senior.  All of these guys and girls know exactly what they’re talking about after three years of experience.  Don’t know how to overcome...

Keep Reading...

NFL Bounty System: Heavy Punishment, Little Change

by Sam Spiegelman on March 09, 2012
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Follow Sam on Twitter Gregg Williams owes Peyton Manning a huge thank you. For the last two days, we’ve been speculating about where No. 18 could land in the coming week instead of discussing...

Keep Reading...

Bad Sex Advice From Cosmo

by Alyssa Sweeney on March 09, 2012
Junior > Journalism > Penn State University

With its glossy pages, beautiful cover girls and the words SEX, HORNY, HOT and PLEASE YOUR MAN plastered in bold face letters all over the front – Cosmopolitan Magazine has the gravitational force...

Keep Reading...

KONY 2012: Know The Facts

by Alexi Knock on March 09, 2012
Junior > Journalism and Political Science > Hofstra University

If you’ve been on Facebook – heck, if you’ve been on Earth – in the last few days, you’ve probably heard the buzz about KONY 2012. Joseph Kony is the leader of a rebel...

Keep Reading...

Links n' Sh*t: March 9, 2012

by Josh Axelrod on March 09, 2012
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland

Anyone who hasn’t experienced D.P. Dough’s cheesy bread is missing out; drunk food doesn't get much better than that.   Domestic abuse is a serious issue – just ask...

Keep Reading...

Safety First: Shooting @ University of Pittsburgh

by Hussein Hammouda on March 08, 2012
Junior > Journalism and Architecture > University of Massachusetts Amherst

Sandra Fluke wanted contraceptives included in her healthcare plan. But when you think of “safety first,” what comes to mind? Backing up your hard drive? Wingmen? Wearing a suit of armor? Earlier...

Keep Reading...

Oh No! My Professor Doesn’t Like Me

by Wendy Ekua Quansah on March 08, 2012
Senior > English and Business Administration > Seton Hall University

Whether you experienced it early on or late during your undergraduate career, everyone has endured the reality of a professor’s dislike. And while this seems to be a budding trend for students...

Keep Reading...

College Mag's Sports Movie Character Bracket: West Round 1

by Sam Spiegelman on March 08, 2012

We've finally made it to the last region of the College Magazine Sports Movie Character March Madness Bracket, The West. Check out our other regions here (East, North, South). And check back Monday...

Keep Reading...

Why Tiger Woods Will Win the Masters

by Danny Golden on March 08, 2012

Today marks a momentous occasion. In exactly one month from today, Tiger Woods will be donning the Green Jacket as Masters Champion. I am sure of it. It might sound crazy to predict something like...

Keep Reading...

Rage On! Spring Break Playlist

by Kristen Lott on March 08, 2012
Junior > Public Affairs Journalism > Ohio State University

'Twas the night before spring break and back at the dorms, the halls stood empty, forgotten in the packing storm. The SUV's are loaded or the plane tickets checked in,...

Keep Reading...

Should You Remain Friends With Your Ex?

1.

Turn Your Walk of Shame Into A Stride of Pride

Whether your night out at a bar, dance club, or party led you back to someone’s...

2.

10 Lies Our Parents Told Us About Getting a Job

When I was a kid, I saw the world as a boundless place of possibility. But now...

Songza (NY)

Songza is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to do music research ...