NBA Season Wrap-Up: JaVale McGee Earns #SMH POY

by Danny Golden on April 26, 2012
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland

Tonight marks the culmination of yet another riveting, albeit condensed, NBA season. From Linsanity to the Dwight Howard drama, this basketball season produced some storylines that we may be talking...

Keep Reading...

Breaking News: Obama talks college loans

by Maria Minsker on April 25, 2012
Junior > English & Communication > Cornell

In an effort to reignite the passion that America's youth had for his campaign in 2008, President Obama has been speaking with students on college campuses about his own struggle with student loans....

Keep Reading...

Why I Don't Watch the NFL Draft

by Nicholas Munson on April 25, 2012

Don’t get me wrong - I love football, just like any male brought up in good ol’ Amurica is taught to do from a young age. It may not be my favorite sport. I always am way more excited to...

Keep Reading...

Managing Your Stress

by Kiara Anthony on April 24, 2012
Junior > Journalism and Mass Communication > Towson University

Stressed out? There’s no way anyone will be able to understand all of the college-induced craziness you’ve had to endure these past few weeks. And to make things even “better,”...

Keep Reading...

Bad Dirty Talk

by Parker Vail on April 24, 2012
Magazine Journalism>Syracuse University

For as long as I live, I will never forget the time Jamie asked me to tell him he was big. Fishing for compliments is one thing. Demanding them between thrusts is entirely another.  Sadly,...

Keep Reading...

The Freshman Experience

by College Magazine on April 24, 2012
Costa Skenderis > American University

Being a freshman in a university full of upperclassman can be intimidating. This video is meant to give incoming college freshman some insight on what to expect in their first year. We’ll show...

Keep Reading...

Making It Big: CM Interviews Cassie Steele of the CW’s “The LA Complex”

by Alexis Blair on April 24, 2012
Senior > English > Sewanee

For all of fifteen minutes during my senior year of high school, I thought the show biz life was for me. I quickly realized my skin wasn’t nearly thick enough to handle Hollywood, and opted for...

Keep Reading...

Is Beer Pong a Sport?

by Lance Pauker on April 24, 2012
Senior > American Studies > Georgetown

There are a lot of questions the need answers for the world to continue. Then there's those that have gone unawared throughout the history of the world. 1. Will there ever be a day drinking...

Keep Reading...

Finals Tip: Avoid Stress Eating

by Samantha Goldberg on April 24, 2012

Picture this: it’s the week before finals and you suddenly develop a sinking feeling in your stomach as you realize how much cramming you’re going to have to do in the next few nights. You’re...

Keep Reading...

The Perfect Pick-up Playlist

by Jay Schwartz on April 23, 2012
Sophomore > Magazine Journalism & Psychology > Boston University

I’m pretty sure there isn’t a single more gratifying feeling than introducing someone to their new favorite song. Call me a hipster, but I think every party becomes...

Keep Reading...

From the Senior: Extend Your Network

by Nicole Eisenberg on April 23, 2012
Junior > Marketing & Supply Chain Management > University of Maryland, College Park

Top dog, head honcho, the big cheese, senior. All of these guys and girls know exactly what they’re talking about after three years of experience. Don’t know how to extend your network?...

Keep Reading...

Q&A With David Elfin: Future of Journalism Depends on 'Your Generation'

by Dan Servodidio on April 23, 2012
Freshman > Journalism > University of Maryland

David Elfin is a columnist for 106.7 The Fan in Washington, D.C. However, his current job doesn’t do him justice as to where he has been and whom he has worked for during his lengthy career. Having...

Keep Reading...

Why Are We Embarrassed about Tinder?

1.

The 10 Most Hipster Campuses 2014

Hipsters appreciate more than rocking flannel and chugging Pabst Blue Ribbon....

2.

9 Podcasts to Make You Smarter

Did you know that in the 16th and 17th century, some books were bound with human...

3.

12 Types of Couples You Meet in College

Out in the wild world of college, so many singles wander around that it’s...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...