Adobe Days 2012: Journalism FTW!

by Josh Axelrod on May 24, 2012
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

When I tell people that I’m a journalism major and serious about a career in writing, the responses I get range from amusement to disbelief. “Have fun taking my order at McDonald’s...

Keep Reading...

3 BIG Ways to Stand Out & Get The Job

by Amanda Nachman on May 24, 2012
Publisher

There are 3 million graduates. There are 1 million jobs. Where do you stand? There’s no ensuring that you’ll be in the 1 million. But there are some obvious and not so obvious ways to...

Keep Reading...

Bonnaroo 2012: A Survival Guide

by Ashley Grohoski on May 24, 2012
Senior > Print Journalism > Marshall University

As June approaches and temperatures rise, music lovers nationwide are preparing for a summer of music festivals. With the annual Bonnaroo festival just days away, the concert schedule has just been...

Keep Reading...

Top 10 Sports Nicknames

by Jordan Heck on May 24, 2012
Sophomore > Sports Journalism > IUPUI

There are some great nicknames in sports today. Some nicknames take over a person and they become their persona. Here are the top 10 nicknames in sports today. 10) Brian Scalabrine, Chicago Bulls....

Keep Reading...

Cupcakes And Cashmere: CM Interviews Blogger Emily Schuman

by Madeline Monaco on May 24, 2012
Sophomore > Strategic Communications and French > Elon University

When I need some writing inspiration, I look to Emily Schuman, the author of the fashion/food/interior design blog Cupcakes and Cashmere. I was honored to ask her a few questions about her career and...

Keep Reading...

Finding Love In A Hopeless Place

by Julia Blakeley on May 24, 2012
Junior > Mass Communications > George Washington University

In college, Friday nights are the nights where my heavy history books go back onto the shelf, my six-inch stilettos get strapped to my feet, I grab my iPhone from the charger and get ready to head out...

Keep Reading...

Joe Paterno Earned a Hefty Pension at Penn State

by Maria Minsker on May 23, 2012
Junior > English & Communication > Cornell

On Tuesday, Dan McGinn, a spokesman for the Paterno family announced that the late Joe Paterno earned a state pension of $13.4 million during his 61 years as coach at Penn State. The spokesman also...

Keep Reading...

MLB Fan Stereotypes: What Are You Known For?

by Danny Golden on May 23, 2012
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland

As in any other facet of culture, there are regional differences when it comes to the attitudes of Major League Baseball fans. There are passionate fans everywhere, but those fans seem to show their...

Keep Reading...

The Long Distance Rulebook

by Alexa Lardieri on May 23, 2012

Another year of college comes to a close. You pack up, move out and head home for the summer months. Just because you’re leaving your campus doesn’t mean you have to leave behind your college...

Keep Reading...

College Is Too Easy, Says A Bunch Of Old Nerds. I Disagree.

by C.T. Schwink on May 22, 2012
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Yesterday in the Washington Post, Daniel de Vise examined whether college is “too easy.” After graduating yesterday, I, and most members in the class of 2012, can attest to the fact that...

Keep Reading...

Summer Makeup Tips: Don't Let Your Face Melt

by Alex Kamp on May 22, 2012
Senior > Journalism and Political Science > Hofstra University

While you’re sipping drinks poolside this summer after a long day of interning, it’s going to be scorching hot outside. Don’t you just hate that shiny forehead look that sweat creates...

Keep Reading...

Drunk iPhone Nightmares

by Julia Blakeley on May 22, 2012

We have all had those nights when Bacardi gets the best of us and our clouded judgment convinces us to open our clutches, whip out our iPhones and broadcast our feelings to the world. Here are some...

Keep Reading...

7 Tips for LGBTA Dating in College

1.

CM's Top 16 College Radio Stations

We all love to peruse the Usher discography on Spotify, but sometimes you...

2.

Hopped Up on Adderall: The Risks and Rewards

The first time I dosed on Adderall I was a careless freshman....

3.

12 Halloween Costumes to Suggest For Your Frenemy

Did someone really think a sexy Nemo costume was a good idea? Luckily, College...

Wolf Trap Foundation (VA)

Selected as one of the "Best Places to Intern: 2009" by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, ...